Monday, October 4, 2010

First Workout

Today was my first workout. I did a 5 minute walk warm up then I ran 2 miles @ 1% incline, 5mph (12 minute mile). You would think that 2 miles at a 12 minute mile pace would be easy right? Well I was sweating profusely and I had to distract myself to just continue on. If I was doing it outside in the cool air it wouldn't be a problem at all, but for some reason running on a treadmill is really hard for me. It's supposed to be easier than running outside! What's with that?  It doesn't take very long to get out of shape both physically and mentally. I guess I'm relearning endurance and how to push myself to work hard.

After running I did my weights workout. So far my plan is to do weights Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Monday and Tuesday I work chest, shoulders, triceps, quads, upper abs, and obliques. Thursday and Friday I work back, biceps, hamstrings, calves, glutes, and lower abs.

I felt so good after my workout. I love the feeling of tiredness and happiness that I get after I push myself. Today I was tired and didn't feel like working out, but I told myself that I would feel better if I did and I was right. The self discipline that I learn through working out is something that is also very useful in other areas of my life. My mantra today when I was running was "Do the work";  I needed something that would help me push through, something to focus on.

I made a goal to stay consistent with my workout plan and hopefully lose 15 lbs by my birthday...I have about 2 and 1/2 months to do it so I know it is possible. I'm happy that my first day was successful, hopefully I will keep it up and reach my goal. I hope that by getting into shape, and becoming healthy and fit I can encourage other people to do the same!

-Hannah

1 comment:

Please be kind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Sign In