Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 2 Workout

Today was my second day of working out hard! I wasn't sore at all earlier in the day but now I'm feeling it a little bit. For my cardio, I did a 5 minute walk warmup, then ran 1 mile at 1% incline and 4.5 mph (11:06 min mile), then I walked about 2 minutes, and did another mile the same as the first. After my run I walked on the treadmill for a few minutes then went and did my weights. Except I forgot to do my back exercises...oops.

I have kind of figured out that in these beginning stages it will probably take me about an hour and a half to do my workout, maybe even two hours if I stretch longer, which I would like to do. Hopefully I will be able to get the time down to less as I get faster. I was really proud of myself for running faster today, it was hard but worth it!

Tonight I watched the Biggest Loser. For me, it really helps me stay motivated, to see these people who are very overweight and some even morbidly obese work out and change their lives in the process. It is very inspiring and it has changed alot of people's lives. I mean they lose ALOT of weight really quickly but many of them keep it off and really have changed their lives. Hopefully more people realize that they need to make a change, then do it! Both America and Canada have a huge problem with obesity and it only seems to be getting worse. I hope that in some small way I can be an encouragement to people I know as I get into shape, to show others that is is possible and that is is VERY worthwhile.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Sign In